Ben’s Life VS Taylor Twins Series
Hi everyone! Liz Borino here again. I’m the author of Expectations, What Money Can’t Buy, and Gifts from the Past, otherwise known as the Taylor Twins Series. As much as I love Matt and Chris and their (very large) cast of characters, what I am so excited to share with you today is Action, the first book in my new, Ben’s LifeSeries. Okay, I’ll be honest with you, readers, this series is slightly different from my first. I didn’t want you to be blindsided, so, I came up with this handy comparison for you.
- Relationships between characters are paramount.
- Both show a loving, devoted, and monogamous gay couple.
- One character in each has a problem with alcohol.
- Ben’s Life and Taylor Twins feature out of control fathers.
- And…um…if I’m stretching it, both series feature at least one character involved in the entertainment industry.
- Action (and the rest of the series) focuses on one gay couple exclusively, whereas the Taylor Twins features a straight couple as well.
- Zack’s ‘problem’ with alcohol was limited to former party days and is only mentioned in passing in Action. Whereas it has always been a plot device for Matt.
- We only see Zack’s out of control father for one scene in Action, though his action is the catalyst for the remainder of the plot. And his boyfriend, Steve, had a great father, who unfortunately, died when he was young. The passing of Steve’s father left him with a pot smoking, bell wearing, mother. Crystal loves and supports him, while managing to annoy the crap out him. Actually…aside from the pot and the bells, she sounds a lot like my mom.Yours, too?
- Zack is an actor on a major television drama, Ben’s Life,–now doesn’t the series title make sense?—and Steve is the director. In the Taylor Twins Aiden is a dancer.
- Zack and Steve engage in a highly structured dominate(Steve)/submissive(Zack) relationship. Action depicts several scenes where spanking is used for erotic effect, as well as for punishment’s sake. Steve is in no way sadistic or abusive, but I’ll give the person who can dream up just one scenario, in which either Chris or Aiden would accept the other spanking them, my next paycheck. Then you can buy lunch.
So, yes, these series are very different, but I believe my readerswill fall as in love with Steve and Zack as they have with Chris and Aiden. Why? Because, despite my hesitancy to alter genres, I’m head over heels for these guys.Their love, trust, and—dare I say—need for one another, is beautiful. I hope you’ll get to know them.
PS Yes, at some point the fourth book in the Taylor Twins will be out. I promise not to leave you hanging.
When the bright lights and flashing cameras of Hollywood capture your every move, how can you fulfill your deepest desires? For Zack Greene, a formerly out-of-control actor, and Steve Michaels, the director who unearthed the heart of the man beneath the ego, it’s a constant struggle.
In public, Steve and Zack are the picture of professional partners. However, behind closed doors, their partnership is taken to a new level. They engage in a carefully constructed Dom/sub relationship that not only brings them pleasure, but keeps Zack from slipping back into his wild ways.
Their delicate balance is thrown askew when a producer on the show threatens to expose their lifestyle, while taking advantage of Zack in a moment of vulnerability. Will Steve be able to ease the pain and save the love they share? Or will they come apart when they need each other most?
*Warning: Light BDSM, D/s relationship, spanking, and hot m/m sex*